Best 5 star Window AC Air Conditioner Save Upto 50% in India 2023 Buy On Amazon 14389+ ratings
If you are planning to buy an air conditioner for your home or office, first of all it is important to know some information about this cooling appliance. Although there are many types of units, this article will focus on a specific type of air conditioner called a window ac air conditioner.
As you can guess from the name, this type is installed on the window area. It does not require very complicated installation like centralized air conditioner. On the other hand, it is more permanent than the portable unit. This feature makes it popular at home or office.
Here are some other reasons why you choose window ac air conditioning units over other types?
- This is the perfect solution for cooling small or medium sized rooms. It can be used even if there are two rooms. There should be an open area or passage between two rooms through which air can pass. It is more powerful than the portable type and less expensive than the centralized unit.
- If you do not need to cool your entire home or office, this would be the right choice as it focuses on only one room or small area. This feature can also save you electricity, and in turn, save money by not paying a huge amount for your electricity bill.
- This is also the right option if you don’t want your home appliances to come in the way. Just imagine if you have a portable air conditioner on the floor. This can be dangerous, especially if you have pets or children in the home. This also increases the chances of the unit getting damaged.
- On the other hand, if you don’t want to do complicated installation in your home or office that can take days or even weeks to complete, this type is also the perfect solution. You can simply drill a hole through your window or wall and put the window ac air conditioner into the hole. It’s easy and fast, not much trouble.
Top 5 Best Window AC Upto 45% Discount in india 2023
Purchasing a window ac air conditioner is a great option for cooling a single space when a central air system is not installed. Additionally, it’s generally quieter, slightly more powerful, and cools down a space faster than a portable floor unit. There are a few things to keep in mind while buying a window ac air conditioner.
Remember that the cooling capacity of a room window ac air conditioner is measured in BEE, or British Thermal Units per hour. Each BEE measurement corresponds to an industry standard of square footage that the unit can optimally cool.
So when you shop near you you will see units with similar features but different BEE; A larger BEE will be able to cool a larger space more efficiently, but keep in mind that it is recommended that you get the right unit for the space you want.
If the unit is too large, your window ac air conditioner may consume more energy and cost more than you expect. Below is a chart that will give you an idea of what BEE size you’ll need for your space.
Area (Sq. Feet)
- 100 to 150 square feet.
- 150 to 250 sq. ft.
- 250 to 300 square feet
- 300 to 350 square feet
- 350 to 400 square feet
- 400 to 450 square feet
- 450 to 550 square feet
- 550 to 700 square feet
- 700 to 1,000 square feet
- 1,000 to 1,400 square feet
In addition, other things to consider are whether your room is overly shady or sunny, how many people will occupy the room at a given time, and whether there are other external heating sources that contribute to warmer temperatures in the room.
For rooms that are heavily shaded, have good window sills or trees planted outside, you can reduce BEE efficiency by as much as 10%. Conversely, if the room is very sunny it is recommended that you increase the BEE capacity by 10%.
After this, people naturally emit heat, so if there are more than two people in the room, you should add 600 BEE for each additional person to ensure a comfortable environment. Finally, if there are large machines in the room, or if you want to cool the kitchen, increase the BEE capacity to 4,000 to compensate for the extra heat generated by these other machines.
Energy efficiency and other ratings
All units in the United States must clearly display an energy efficiency rating, or EER. So in addition to choosing the right size unit for your space, an EER will tell you how efficiently it will run in the same area. Generally, the higher the EER number, the lower your costs.
Another label to look for is the Energy Star® rating. Units with this rating have been inspected and approved by the government to be guaranteed to be energy efficient as they use an advanced technology that allows more heat to be transferred to the coils.
Which in turn saves the amount of energy needed to compress the refrigerant, or cooler. ENERGY STAR® units exceed minimum federal standards for energy consumption by 15% – it’s good for you and the environment.
Finally, installation should be considered before purchasing a new window ac air conditioner. First and foremost, measure the window where you plan to place this unit. Make sure this window is near an electrical outlet for your unit to plug in, and that there are no furniture or objects in front of the window that could interfere with air flow.
When you finally have the unit at home, refer to the installation instructions for the required bracket supports and ceiling. Most window units can be installed yourself, but if you need additional help, consult a certified installation specialist, such as Clearview Appliances.
They can do a custom install using their Klear Frames TM, which are custom frames made to fit each job exactly to their measurements. These frames are made of aluminum and plexi, sealed with silicone and rivets, providing strong weather proofing and long-lasting durability.